Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sad News

This is a portrait my Mommy did of our cyberfriend-pup Blaze. Blaze's person took a picture of him and my Mommy made a painting of it.

Isn't he handsome? I think he looks kinda like me.

Mommy and my Big G have been very sad today because they found out that Blaze was very sick and he died yesterday. I'm a little confused because I don't quite understand what "died" means. I think it means you don't get to run on the beach with your person anymore. That makes me feel very very sad.

Blaze and I had a lot in common. He loved tennis balls and ice cream and schwimmins too! Lucky Blaze also went to work with his person every day until he got too sick, so she quit her job to take care of him at home. I think that's what they call "wicked awesome" here in Boston.

As I said, my Big G and Mommy have been sad. I tried to cheer Mommy up by sticking my nose in her crotch but that kind of backfired so I took a nap instead. Big G did fuss over me and gave me an extra cookie today. I ate it just to make BG feel better.

I'm still a little confused about what "died" means but I know from the sadness that Blaze was very loved. And that's something I do understand.

10 Comments:

Blogger Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I lost my Lucky. They just don't come home from the vet, the you-mans cry for days and Lucky never comes home. That is dying.

Special Bussie Kissies for you guys
Buster

7:54 PM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hugs to you Dickens :-(

I am sure Blaze has gone to the Rainbow Bridge and is playing happily again.

Love
Opy

8:47 AM  
Blogger Cubby said...

Poor Blaze. Beautiful painting. I'm glad his human took such good care of him.

12:42 AM  
Blogger MJ's doghouse said...

Poor puupy...i think dying is when your heart goes to sleep...it is very sad...but then...you get to go over the rainbow bridge....and man...the good times roll again..

4:33 AM  
Blogger sweet said...

Hi there,

Fortunately, as I was searching topics about dogs, I’ve read your blogs and articles. Congratulations! It’s awesome and I liked it.
Furthermore, I also found sites which are related with your topics about dogs which you could use in giving ideas to your readers. The link

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/dog-fencing-how-to-choose-the-best-dog-fencing/page1.aspx

contains informations about dog-fencing. This link could be a big help to
your visitors like me to gain more informations about their pets like dogs and especially in dog-fencing.

Monalyn

8:51 PM  
Blogger fee said...

hey dickens,

loves and hugs to you and your family. i hope you will get well and come back to blog soon. take care!

loves,
fee

11:57 PM  
Blogger This is all mainly about us! said...

i m sure Blaze is happy at where he is now. Just stay happy for him & give your mama more hugs...

9:58 PM  
Blogger Forest Dogs said...

I'm sorry you lost your friend... when a dog dies, (s)he goes to doggie heaven, and gets to chase balls, kitties and sticks all day long - you wait! You'll meet up with Blaze again when it's your time to go, so don't be sad...

If you like to do it...I'm on a quest to find blogging dogs, peace-loving dogs for next week's "Dona Nobis Pacem"

Peaceglobe day...(the cats have overtaken the movement so far!!)

Please join!

Thank you.

Second
Blogblast for Peace
6th June 2007


(If you do 'Wordless Wednesday' a Peaceglobe would be fantastic!)

7:40 PM  
Blogger The FOUR Musketeers said...

We wish you a Merry Christmas ,
We wish you a Merry Christmas ,
We wish you a Merry Christmas ,
& A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

xoxo ,
Four Musketeers & family
Lady , Zena , Cody & Joyce

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Cool Dog Checks said...

I love the pic, its so hard to lose dogs, they are as much a part of the family as kids

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home