Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Early Years, Part Deux


(I speak a little French, a little Italian, and a little German. I know "manger", "mangiare" and "essen".)

So I started to talk about my early years in my last post but I got hungry & had to go get a cookie. Then that made me thirsty, so I took a long drink-water. Then I got tired & took a nap.

Where was I? Oh yeah, puppyhood. This picture was taken right after I got to my new home. I look a little sad because I was missing my brothers and sisters and all the other dogs. I had also just met the cats. If you look closely, you might see a little scratch mark on my nose.

I forgot to tell you my fancy name. It's kind of embarrassing if you ask me, but my Big G likes it. Big G likes to go for obvious puns (um...what's a pun?), so I had to get a Christmasy name. A coworker suggested "Jesus McPup" but Big G thought that was a little over the top and settled for "Erinhill's Christmas Carol" because that's Big G's favorite Christmas story. I have a brother named "Erinhill's Stocking Stuffer" (aka "Cole") and a sister named "Noelle", too.

Humans think funny sometimes, don't they? But they're loveable and they supply the cookies, so it's all good.

The funny thing is, most people think I was named "Dickens" as in "naughty as the...". I don't know where they get ideas like that.

My first year is a blur. I went to my new home with the cats, then we moved, then we moved again back to the cats. Along the way, I learned how to sit, stay, come, heel, and do all the tricks that silly people like. My favorite is "Bear" because my grampa DJ does it and it always gets me at least one cookie.

Speaking of cookies, I'm hungry. Bye!

8 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

So sweet.....I mean it! Bow wow

8:49 PM  
Blogger Amy and Zoom said...

Aww such a cute little puppy =)

6:34 PM  
Blogger ranger said...

hi dickens! welcome to blogging! come visit me too!

-*woof*

9:57 AM  
Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Dickins,

Come back to the blogging world - we miss you !

Love

Opy

6:50 AM  
Blogger Life with Ozzy said...

Cool blog Dickens and I liked the story of how you got your name. That's a pretty interesting way to do it.
I was named Ozzy just cause as my mommy says.
Well just wanted to stop by and say hello.
Take care,
Ozzy

6:57 PM  
Blogger SpillToJill said...

so cute!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Bogart said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Love,
Bogart
www.toaireisdivine.com

11:43 PM  
Blogger Sadie Mae said...

Dickens:

You've been tagged. Come see me to find out!

-Sadie Mae Dog

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home